I'm Pro Tools Certified!

Yes, I'm now Pro Tools 210M certified... woohoo! Last month, me and 3 other colleagues (Nilesh, Vinay and Nian Tze) underwent 4 full days of highly intensive training for 4 courses - Pro Tools 101, Pro Tools 110, Pro Tools 201 and Pro Tools 210M. Such training would not have been possible for normal Pro Tools users but had to be specially arranged and was for experienced Pro Tools users/instructors only.

My Pro Tools 210M certificate from Digidesign. As there is still no news from Digidesign about the other 3 certificates (to be issued by ICOM), I have decided not to wait any more and just post my blog.


Fortunately, we had a fantastic trainer in Andy Hagerman - the Training Manager (Asia) at Digidesign Japan - who guided us through all the courses and certification exams :)

From left: me (Sze), Nilesh, Andy, Nian Tze and Vinay.


Together with one other Digidesign employee, we are currently the only Pro Tools certified users in the country (Malaysia), according to Digidesign's Certification Directory:
http://training.digidesign.com/listings


In addition, each of us also received a complimentary Pro Tools HD 7 Operator t-shirt and we are now qualified to have the Certified Operator logo next to our names.

So what was the most interesting thing I learnt during the certification training? Well, guess what? Pro Tools actually has color!!!... hahaha.

The different shades of Pro Tools




11 comments:

Dreamer said...

CONGRATULATION MR SZE!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow...i never know pro tools got colours as well....

well.....should i address u the Master of Pro-Tools now??:D

Now can u start hv some private class outside and EARN BIG MONEY!!!!muahahahaa........

Robin said...

Congratz! =) I can nbow bug u with question =P

Robin said...

Errr questions I mean. bad typo

zenetlife said...

Hi Lily and Robin. Thanks for your congratulatory messages.

Lily - No-lah, I dare not call myself "Master of Pro Tools" cos I am only a Pro Tools Operator (level 2) and not a Pro Tools Expert (level 3). Don't think there's any big money either as Pro Tools level 1 courses would be incorporated into ICOM's current syllabus as value added education.

Robin - I believe you are just as competent in Pro Tools. But just in case you have an unusual problem, I'll give it my best shot... or else, rely on the power of 3 (haha) since there're 3 faculty members among us.

Happy Fingers said...

Hi Sze,

It's been a long while since I've written to you and the others. But first things first: Congratulations to all the successes and happiness in your life right now! You deserve it all :) I've been doing a number of things since moving down south, so that has kept me busy and fulfilled. That's what life is all about, right? Will try to keep in touch with you guys on a regular basis from now on. (I know, I know, my bad.)

zenetlife said...

Hi Nicole. It's a pleasant surprise to hear from you, especially on my blog :) Didn't even realize you knew about my website.

Thank you for your well wishes. I am also happy to hear that you are fulfilled and doing well.

Try not to blame yourself too much - each of us have to share that blame too of keeping in touch :P All the best to you in the many things that you have been doing... err, Dr. Nicole yet?

Anonymous said...

Congrats....!!! whats the advan of geting pro-tools certificate

Arun Rajiah said...

congrats... Al d best keep rocking...!!!

zenetlife said...

Thx guys.

For me, the PT Operator certification is important because I myself need to be certified at a higher level so that I can teach my students up to PT110 level.

For others, the courses will help you become more proficient in using the Pro Tools systems while the certifications show that you have already acquired a certain level of PT skill which helps build your career in the professional audio industry... guess it's just like getting an education.

Anonymous said...

HI..sorry to post here cos i cant send email 2 u via contact us.may i ask u izzit the fuel consumption will be reduced if we fix the kompressor n air power plus.i hav a myvi too n i found the fc very high.after reading ur from ur web page i think of go for a try.but i hav a fren who work in a car service shop he said it will reduce our fc but at the same time it will make our car undarpower because it blocked some of the fuel going too fast to our engine.do u feel tat? please tell me so i can know more.thanks a lot =)

zenetlife said...

Hi. Thanks for your comment. I have already replied your questions in the Car Talk article:

http://www.zenetlife.com/cartalk.html