My New Job!

It has been some time since I wanted to change jobs. I tried to leave my job last year but the plan failed due to one of my boss' power of persuasion... hehe.

However, a year later, I finally made up my mind to go and I was determined not to perform a U-turn again this time. Since I had to give my employer a 3-month notice, I had to do it with a lot of courage, as I didn't have any job offer then when I handed in my resignation letter.

I had a few options in mind on my next step:
Plan A: Apply for a job in an MNC (multi national company).
Plan B: Take up a Masters degree.
Plan C: Start my own business.

I kept all my options open until the fuel price increase in June. After a review, I felt that the most secure path would still be Plan A. So I called up Microsoft and met the Inside Sales Manager for an interview. I got a job offer a week later and accepted it within a week.

So now, here I am sitting on the 29th Floor in Tower 2 of the Petronas Twin Towers building. I am the Inside Account Manager and it has been a comfortable 1st week working in Microsoft (Malaysia). Wish me luck!

My new office is on the 29th floor of Tower 2 (right tower).

0 comments: