My “Full Moon” Celebration

I had my “full moon” (end of 1-month maternity confinement) celebration on Sunday. It coincided with the Winter Solstice (Tung Zhi in Chinese) as I have been told that full moon celebrations should not be held after that day in the Chinese calendar.

I had a hot bath with herbs and flowers on that morning.

My first photo since my confinement.

Mom said I should go out somewhere to symbolize the end of my maternity confinement, so we went to the shopping mall later that day. I felt fresher and better after going out although I got tired after a short outing.

I went back to KL with Sze that night as I had an appointment at Serdang Hospital the next day. I’m back in Sitiawan now and I even drove the last half of that return journey as Sze was suffering from a 2-day migraine.

I feel more energetic nowadays although I still sleep quite a lot. I don’t mind sleeping more to reduce my eye bags. I was told that if I still continue to have eye bags months after my confinement, it is very likely to stay there permanently!!!

Meanwhile, Sze and I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Dreamer said...

hi eunice, you still look a bit pale in the picture, but you will get better!!

Merry Christmas to both of you!!

zenetlife said...

Yeah, you're right. But I was so much worse than this 1 month earlier. Hope I'll "show more blood" when I next post my photo.

homegirl said...

good to hear from u eunice... all the best to both of u in 2009 and years ahead!

zenetlife said...

Thanks. Our best wishes to you too in 2009 and beyond!