Installing MS Dynamics CRM Client (v3c) with Outlook 2007

Scenario:

With Windows XP Professional SP2 and Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 already installed, you try to install MS Dynamics CRM Client v3c but unfortunately get this error message:

"The installed version of Microsoft Outlook is not supported by the Microsoft CRM client. Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Office Outlook."

I tried very hard to look for a FREE solution but could not find any. So I called the Microsoft Support Team in India but they were unable to help me unless I opened a paid case with the Global Support Team in China.

What’s the solution then? I had successfully done this before in the past, so why not this time? The only difference is that I was then using MS Office Ultimate 2007.

So I decided to uninstall Office Enterprise 2007 and install Office Ultimate 2007 instead. As a result, I got my CRM client installed in a few minutes and it is now working properly!

Conclusion: MS Office Enterprise 2007 is not supported by MS Dynamics CRM Client (v3c).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... CRM V3C client works fine on Office 2007 Enterprise for me........

Anonymous said...

Same here...
Running Office 2007 Enterprise and no problems with the outlook client...

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a same problem with CRM 4.0 and Office Enterprise 2007...but is it just the only one solution?!

Thanks

zenetlife said...

I performed a test installation on a desktop computer to double-check the problem and you guys are right - I was able to install the v3c on Enterprise 2007 without error. But this time, I upgraded from an existing Office 2003 to Office 2007 Enterprise (instead of a clean install).

However, I am still unsure why the earlier error message occured (when I was trying to install the CRM client on top of Outlook 2007Enterprise in my laptop).