The e-Globalfocus Annual Dinner (Friday, 9th Feb 2007)


Hip Hop Tonight 2007, e-Global’s theme for the Annual Dinner came as a surprise on the day before. I had no idea what I could wear for that. Besides, I was supposed to have an appointment with a client on that day, which means I have to bring a change of clothing for the dinner. I gave it some thought and finally came to a conclusion - I’ll bring a set of simple hip-hop wear and accessories to change before the event, which was to be held at the Courtyard Garden in Damansara Heights.

My client’s appointment was at 3.00pm, which was later postponed to 3.30pm. My bosses and I got there 30 minutes late and our meeting ended at around 6pm. Driving out of KL city after 6pm had always been the hardest thing to do on weekdays. The roads were very congested and traffic was bumper to bumper. Obviously, this also affected our journey to the Courtyard Garden as we now didn’t have enough time to go back to the office first. Thus, I didn’t get the chance to change into my hip hop attire. What a shame! I couldn’t dress up for this event.

My bosses and I arrived at the Courtyard Garden at around 7.15pm. We were among the earliest people to arrive. The place looked pretty nice and secluded from the outside. The interior had been carefully designed too. The ambience was excellent, just perfect for our private function. We had a cocktail “party” while waiting for the rest to arrive. After drinking 2 to 3 glasses of lime juice and fruit punch, we were finally seated. We started ordering food from the menu on the table. I got myself a salad as an appetizer, Auckland Teriyaki as main course and green tea ice-cream as dessert. The salad was decent but I really couldn’t finish the main course. It was not because the portion was too big but because the quality of food wasn’t that great. I also didn’t finish my ice-cream as it was too soft and melted fast.

In between our courses, we had a few lucky draw sessions. Being a “lucky girl”, I received an FTEC pouch. Why did I describe myself as a lucky girl? It is because I have always been very “lucky” in having bad things happen to me. Even my CTO is quite worried that the servers I am looking after will crash. I don’t think this is because of God’s will or just plain bad luck – it probably has something to do with my attitude of not being meticulous enough.

We had a lot of fun that evening. They continued the party at the Rush bistro while I headed home - I had to observe my curfew.


2 comments:

gwendelyne said...

Hey i dont think anyone dressed in hip hop style, like their normal working attire...

zenetlife said...

Hi Gwen. I wanted to wear Hip Hop clothing but didn't have the chance as we were late from appointment with MK. I think a few of them did wear slightly hip. Wai Ling, Clarisse and Tony were the finalists for the Best Dressed Award. Tony won the competition as he could perform something HH. He kinda rapped abit. Clarisse was going "Yo! Yo! Yo! Check! Check! Check it!" Wailing was very cute. I can show you videos of their performances. Hip Hop wasn't really a good theme especially in EG. I think formal and elegant would be better. hehe..