Preparing for the Launch

We have about one week remaining before the launch of our website on 4th February 2007. With our busy schedules, we can hardly find time to work on the layout and design of the website. We tried hard to prepare the contents… well, I mean to say, Sze tried hard as I have not contributed as much in terms of contents. But having said that, I did most of the design works. It’s a little funny to think how we both played our roles in this project - Sze writes and edits the contents while I am more inclined towards Photoshop editing and HTML programming. We work really well as a team.

During that week, I got a little tired of editing the layout. The tables were not right and the colors were not suitable. I felt a little fed up and exhausted, but it still has to be done. The relief I felt after we got what we wanted was really satisfying. I then prepared more pictures to be uploaded to our Photo Gallery while Sze worked on more contents. After he submitted the Logic Notes article to ICOM, we published our copy too. However, we found that the downloads did not work. We had to troubleshoot and tried putting up a few other files for downloading and they worked! Only .lso, .pro and .express were not known to the system. We got a little worried as the hosting plan we have didn’t support these file extensions. So I went to work the next day and asked my CTO - he said that there was no limitation to the types of files allowed in the server. He then proceeded to add them to the MIME header and it worked!!!! Bravo to him and e-Globalfocus! Another relief as we knew we didn’t have that much time left. So what’s next?

We both do not have much taste for design. So I asked for opinions from my colleague who is a graphic designer. He said that he could redesign our banner on Friday, which was the last working day before our website launch on Sunday. And guess what?... He was on medical leave that Friday! Okay, so now I have to depend on myself. That evening, although I was tired, I was determined to finish up the banner design and I did!

It’s Saturday and both of us are still writing and designing. We only have one day left. Sze is still working on the 4th Feb story and I am still on the banner design. I have to find a new banner message as Sze didn’t fancy the one I had originally. Since my vocabulary is somewhat shallow, it’s not easy to find a suitable word, but I tried to finish as much as I could. Then later on, I had to change the layout again! It was tiring especially when Mr. Perfectionist was not satisfied with the page formatting that I had changed earlier that morning.

After hours of working, we finally finished what we had wanted to do. Now, we can smile and sleep well. Remember to visit us again for more pictures, articles and blog updates. Bookmark Us! Sze says there will also be a juicy news update tomorrow (Mon, 5th Feb). Hmmm…

6 comments:

Dreamer said...

hi sir, hi eunice....wow......finally ur website is officially PUBLISHED!!!well done well done!!!!THUMBS UP UP UP UP UP!!!!i give both of u A++++......

can see how hard u guys worked on this one....esp one of u is "Perfectionist"....haha...i 100% agreed that....

yeah...a very good website...which i can see the "other side" of mr z...and of coz.....my favourite lec's "lover"....hehe.......just look at the smiles on the posted pics.....wow....soooo sweeeeettt.......

one of my favourite section....is actually the "logic notes".....hahaha...i never expect u will put this kind of thing in ur website....well....somehow....i hv an excuse to " ask u " question officially... (eunice....just fyi...mr z used to refuse to answer my question on logic..and the reason was...i was no longer his student...:( )

well...i oledi bookmarked this site...so..MAKE SURE U GUYS update it OFTEN okie....

looking forward to see more interesting stuff.....

btw...nice to meet u here, eunice...(or should i call u mrs sze...muahhaahaha.....)

keep it up!!!

zenetlife said...

Hi Lily,

Thanks for your generous compliments. We're very flattered. We're actually quite relieved to have our website published finally, after so much of preparation work.We're very pleased that you've given us 5 thumbs up.

Most of the feedback we've received mentioned "very nice website" and we're really delighted with the overall response.

We're glad that you like the logic notes column... and Sze's McShit t-Shirt as well. As you're not too far away, you should drop by to France next time to avoid being tricked by us again.

Since you've bookmarked our site already, have you seen our juicy news update yet? And yes, we will update the site regularly.

Eunice: Nice to meet you here too, Lily.

best wishes,
Sze & Eunice

Dreamer said...

Yes Yes!!!!I just read the juicy news!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION TO BOTH OF U!!!!!

hey sir....since when u become so romantic????!!!!i just cant imagine la.....i sambil reading sambil try to imagine...and cant stop laughing.....hahaha...obviously u hv changed quite a lot then...but it's a good change la.....so...WHAT'S NEXT, sir???make sure u crack ur brain to think of SOMETHING "unusual" okie???? (btw, eunice..did u take the pic when mr z kneeled down...:p)

waiting for ur romantic story......:D

Anonymous said...

hi eunice, thanks for sharing the site! *wave to sze*

great job and i love the way you crop the images... i could never get that effect so i do wonder what am i doing wrong??!

have you consider using typepad or wordpress as blogging platform instead of blogger? you could incorporate your design in more i think... just a suggestion though, and probably irrelevant as this site is great! :)

zenetlife said...

Dear Lily,

Z: Thank you for your well wishes. I’ve been a Romeo since birth. Haha…(E:Yeah right!) Why did you laugh? I haven’t changed that much. You just didn’t know me well enough.

Crack my brain for something extraordinary? I’m clueless and I want suggestions! (E: That’s how romantic he is!)

E: I didn’t have the chance to prepare for a photo shot of the proposal. Maybe I should make him propose again? :p

zenetlife said...

Dear Lil,

It’s our pleasure to share the site with you. We’re happy that you like it too.

It’s not difficult to crop the images that way. I used Imageready and the Select Tool to copy the image. Before that, I made sure the radius and feather settings were adjusted accordingly.

Yes I’ve actually tried to use the wordpress blog. However, I couldn’t seem to get it working and I didn’t have that much time to experiment with it. Anyway, blogger is more optimized for search engines. This will help the ranking of our site. The disadvantage of blogger is that we can’t play around as much with the design.

We hope you’ll have a safe journey back here. Will catch up with you when we get a chance to do that. Remember to visit our site regularly for updates.

Take care.